I read an article in the October 15, 2011 issue of The Economist entitled “Trouble in the Middle.” The article begins by stating that interest in MBA programs at American business schools peaked in 2009 and applications have fallen since then. The author states that some business schools are worried that the trend is related to more than just a slow recovering economy, but in fact a greater change.
Archive | October 26, 2011
- American Public University System and the Defense Acquisition University Partner to Advance Today’s Acquisition Professionals September 2, 2015
- Are Lawyers Getting Dumber? August 31, 2015
- A Benchmark for Making College Affordable – The Rule of 10 August 26, 2015
- Rich Media in the Online Classroom: An Interview with Drs. Phil Ice and Melissa Layne August 24, 2015
- Trajectories for Digital Technology in Higher Education August 19, 2015
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns August 6, 2008
- The “Myths” About Online Education May 4, 2010
- In the clamor for increasing graduation and persistence rates, are we ignoring the student at risk factors and student characteristics? February 22, 2012
- Charlene Li’s Groundswell May 27, 2008
- Higher Ed’s Economic Challenges May 25, 2010
- Change is Hard but - if Needed - Change before it’s Too Late |: […] Briar alive and others are wondering why...
- Wally Boston| Recalibrating Regulation of Colleges and Universities |: […] the growth in Department of Education re...
- Wally Boston | Educational Attainment: Tracking the Academic Success of Servicemembers and Veterans |: […] much has been written about college pers...
- Wally Boston| What Stays in Vegas |: […] in the future will most likely increase,...
- Wally Boston| Grade Level: Tracking Online Education in the U.S. |: […] year’s report is notable for several c...
Blogs I Read
- Access with Success (Larry Penley)
- All Things Digital (Walt Mossberg)
- Center for College Affordability & Productivity
- Changing Higher Education
- Courageous Learning
- Durham in Wonderland
- New Realities in Higher Education
- Solutions for Our Future
- Southwest Airlines
- The College Puzzle
- Technology & Learning
- American Military University
- American Public University
- American Public University System
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Stream Multimedia
- Community of Scholars
- Scholar of the Week
- Education Trends
- Inside Higher Ed
- Journal of Internet Learning
- Campus Technology
- University Business
- Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition
- Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration
- Excelsior College Presidents Forum
- Policy Studies Organization
- Connections Academy
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment
- Jefferson County Economic Development Authority