In the past several years, online higher education has come under increased scrutiny by the federal government and policymakers. As a relatively new trend, online education has been closely examined by some, not so closely examined by others, and has a number of critics. In a recent report called “Odd Man Out: How Government Supports Private-Sector Innovation, Except in Education,” published by the American Enterprise Institute, author John Bailey notes that an acute lack of support and engagement from government agencies to the private sector in education is not only out of sync with other public-private enterprises, it is counterproductive in attempting to reform higher education. … Read the rest
Tag Archives | White House Office of Space and Technology Policy
- Deliberating College Affordability April 11, 2014
- Long-Term Planning Necessary for Financial Stability April 4, 2014
- The Internet and Life in 2025 March 17, 2014
- Three Big Questions – Episode 3 with Dr. Phil Ice March 5, 2014
- “The Rising Cost of Not Going to College” – Food for Thought February 25, 2014
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns August 6, 2008
- The “Myths” About Online Education May 4, 2010
- Charlene Li’s Groundswell May 27, 2008
- Higher Ed’s Economic Challenges May 25, 2010
- My Vote is For Apple September 29, 2008
- WallyBoston.com | Education Innovation: Fad or Burgeoning Industry?: [...] the disrupters by utilizing the technology a...
- WallyBoston.com | Earth Day: [...] is Earth Day and it seems fitting to share a...
- Disruption in Higher Education | Wallace Boston: [...] written about MOOCs in the past (see “What...
- Juan Rosado: All, Dr. Delbanco is giving a webinar/class on th...
- Juan Rosado: I heard Dr. Koller and other panelists on the Dian...
Blogs I Read
- Access with Success (Larry Penley)
- All Things Digital (Walt Mossberg)
- Center for College Affordability & Productivity
- Changing Higher Education
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Durham in Wonderland
- Josh Bernoff
- New Realities in Higher Education
- Solutions for Our Future
- Southwest Airlines
- The College Puzzle