Rich DeMillo has a lengthy background in academia serving as a professor at four different universities, Dean of Computing at Georgia Tech College of Computing, Director of the Computer and Computation Research Division of the National Science Foundation, and was Hewlett Packard’s first Chief Technology Officer. His latest book, Abelard to Apple: The Fate of American Colleges and Universities, developed from a five page memo that he planned to send to his colleagues about what was wrong at his university then evolved to a whitepaper in which he solicited the advice of friends and colleagues, and eventually to a book. … Read the rest
Tag Archives | higher education access
- Deliberating College Affordability April 11, 2014
- Long-Term Planning Necessary for Financial Stability April 4, 2014
- The Internet and Life in 2025 March 17, 2014
- Three Big Questions – Episode 3 with Dr. Phil Ice March 5, 2014
- “The Rising Cost of Not Going to College” – Food for Thought February 25, 2014
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns August 6, 2008
- The “Myths” About Online Education May 4, 2010
- Charlene Li’s Groundswell May 27, 2008
- Higher Ed’s Economic Challenges May 25, 2010
- My Vote is For Apple September 29, 2008
- WallyBoston.com | Education Innovation: Fad or Burgeoning Industry?: [...] the disrupters by utilizing the technology a...
- WallyBoston.com | Earth Day: [...] is Earth Day and it seems fitting to share a...
- Disruption in Higher Education | Wallace Boston: [...] written about MOOCs in the past (see “What...
- Juan Rosado: All, Dr. Delbanco is giving a webinar/class on th...
- Juan Rosado: I heard Dr. Koller and other panelists on the Dian...
Blogs I Read
- Access with Success (Larry Penley)
- All Things Digital (Walt Mossberg)
- Center for College Affordability & Productivity
- Changing Higher Education
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Durham in Wonderland
- Josh Bernoff
- New Realities in Higher Education
- Solutions for Our Future
- Southwest Airlines
- The College Puzzle