Rich DeMillo has a lengthy background in academia serving as a professor at four different universities, Dean of Computing at Georgia Tech College of Computing, Director of the Computer and Computation Research Division of the National Science Foundation, and was Hewlett Packard’s first Chief Technology Officer. His latest book, Abelard to Apple: The Fate of American Colleges and Universities, developed from a five page memo that he planned to send to his colleagues about what was wrong at his university then evolved to a whitepaper in which he solicited the advice of friends and colleagues, and eventually to a book.
Tag Archives | higher education access
- The Nearly Free University and the Emerging Economy: The Revolution in Higher Education by Charles Hugh Smith November 20, 2014
- The Midterm Elections November 12, 2014
- Veterans Day 2014 November 11, 2014
- Moving from Idea to Innovation: Live Librarian Instruction in a First-Year Online Course November 6, 2014
- Exploring Institution-to-Institution Student Swirling Patterns November 3, 2014
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns August 6, 2008
- The “Myths” About Online Education May 4, 2010
- Higher Ed’s Economic Challenges May 25, 2010
- Charlene Li’s Groundswell May 27, 2008
- My Vote is For Apple September 29, 2008
- Wallly Boston|Tracking Key Education Trends |: […] – While the rise of big data and analy...
- Wally Boston | Australia’s Universities Considering Tuition Discounting |: […] the College Navigator website provides s...
- Wally Boston | Australia’s Universities Considering Tuition Discounting |: […] discounting originated in the United Sta...
- Wally Boston| Internet, Policy & Politics 2014 |: […] Another Conversation About MOOCs […...
- Wally Boston| Internet, Policy & Politics 2014 |: […] Pilot Program Forces Discussion of Onlin...
Blogs I Read
- Access with Success (Larry Penley)
- All Things Digital (Walt Mossberg)
- Center for College Affordability & Productivity
- Changing Higher Education
- Durham in Wonderland
- New Realities in Higher Education
- Solutions for Our Future
- Southwest Airlines
- The College Puzzle
- Technology & Learning
- American Military University
- American Public University
- American Public University System
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Stream Multimedia
- Community of Scholars
- Scholar of the Week
- Education Trends
- Inside Higher Ed
- Journal of Internet Learning
- Campus Technology
- University Business
- Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition
- Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration
- Excelsior College Presidents Forum
- Policy Studies Organization
- Connections Academy
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment
- Jefferson County Economic Development Authority