America’s declining college graduation rates have been the subject of many a political speech or hearing lately. President Obama set a long term goal for his administration to restore America’s prominence in the percentage of its citizens with college degrees. When you examine the research literature regarding student attrition, persistence, or graduation rates, there are thousands of publications and numerous dissertations written about some aspect of those topics.
Tag Archives | A History of American Higher Education
From Thanksgiving to New Years Day and the following weekend, the college football schedule is filled with bowl games. After the New Year begins, college sports fans can turn their attention to the height of the college basketball season that culminates in the annual March Madness NCAA Division I tournament. College athletics is big business although perhaps only ten to twenty Division I programs make money each year.
- The Nearly Free University and the Emerging Economy: The Revolution in Higher Education by Charles Hugh Smith November 20, 2014
- The Midterm Elections November 12, 2014
- Veterans Day 2014 November 11, 2014
- Moving from Idea to Innovation: Live Librarian Instruction in a First-Year Online Course November 6, 2014
- Exploring Institution-to-Institution Student Swirling Patterns November 3, 2014
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns August 6, 2008
- The “Myths” About Online Education May 4, 2010
- Higher Ed’s Economic Challenges May 25, 2010
- Charlene Li’s Groundswell May 27, 2008
- My Vote is For Apple September 29, 2008
- Wallly Boston|Tracking Key Education Trends |: […] – While the rise of big data and analy...
- Wally Boston | Australia’s Universities Considering Tuition Discounting |: […] the College Navigator website provides s...
- Wally Boston | Australia’s Universities Considering Tuition Discounting |: […] discounting originated in the United Sta...
- Wally Boston| Internet, Policy & Politics 2014 |: […] Another Conversation About MOOCs […...
- Wally Boston| Internet, Policy & Politics 2014 |: […] Pilot Program Forces Discussion of Onlin...
Blogs I Read
- Access with Success (Larry Penley)
- All Things Digital (Walt Mossberg)
- Center for College Affordability & Productivity
- Changing Higher Education
- Durham in Wonderland
- New Realities in Higher Education
- Solutions for Our Future
- Southwest Airlines
- The College Puzzle
- Technology & Learning
- American Military University
- American Public University
- American Public University System
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- The Stream Multimedia
- Community of Scholars
- Scholar of the Week
- Education Trends
- Inside Higher Ed
- Journal of Internet Learning
- Campus Technology
- University Business
- Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition
- Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration
- Excelsior College Presidents Forum
- Policy Studies Organization
- Connections Academy
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment
- Jefferson County Economic Development Authority